Monday, May 14, 2012

Of friends and notes


Last April 3, a very good friend of mine had her 2_th birthday. I won't disclose the age, I might end up in a dump or something. As she was on the other side of the world, and I'm not good on giving gifts, I wrote her a birthday note instead, and seemingly, the only thing I can give to anyone. Oh yes, poor me. 
_______________________________________________
Of thank you's slash birthday messages :)

Remember the heart wrenching, tear-jerking message I was going to write for you last New Year's Eve that never came? Well, I am writing this note with the intention to make you bawl your eyes out. If this note fails to do so, then consider this as a simple (albeit fail) birthday message. :D 

I don't have my own site to write out my thoughts or share pictures, so I'll just borrow this convenient app in this convenient Facebook. :) Forgive the inconsistent flow, I have not done this in years, so whatever writing skills I had, it's all so rusty now.

So you're there, and I'm here. I really can't remember the last time I saw you before you left. You just sent a text saying you're boarding for LA (or Hawaii? Haha) in 30 minutes. In a way, it's all good. I suck at goodbyes apparently, and if we were to meet one last time, things may turn ugly (or I may turn ugly. Haha). That's a maybe. :D I appreciate that you took the time to send me that message.

It's your birthday! Well, it's ending here. Is it already your day on your side? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know I said I'd intentionally forget your birthday since you unintentionally forgot mine, but eh. I couldn't do that. :) But you do owe me a treat of Korean barbecue when you come back! Haha. My tummy awaits. I won't be giving you a testimonial, because I'm sure you've already had one too many. It's cliche, but maybe a few thank you's on why you've made such a huge impact in my life?

Thank you for the times you let me use your PC (kay diri pa uso an laptop hadto. Haha) to the brink of exhaustion/damage. For the little treats that saved me from starvation because I was too lazy to go out and buy a meal. For cleaning my side of the room when we were roommates (I tried to keep the mess on my side, if that's any compensation. Haha). For the easy-going conversations on just about anything and anyone. For being the go-to person when I'm in need of clothes, make-up and whatnot. For the times you experiment on my hair. For being non-judgmental when you know I haven't taken a bath that day (!!!). Oh! For that birthday surprise you got me on my 18th birthday! That was fun. My roommate was much more surprised when you guys came barging in. And I've stressed this enough, stop putting candles on top of the cake, the wax falls on it. Eck. :)) 

On a more serious note, thank for being there when I've had my share of turbulent times. Thank you for crying with me one time in first year even when I wasn't telling you what was wrong and I just kept sobbing. Thank you for putting up with me during the times  I was crying and you know this time what was wrong but didn't ask. I know you have a knack of not saying what's on your mind when you think your friendship with that person would be put to risk, but I'll tell you right now, you won't have that kind of problem with me. :)

For the funny anecdotes, and the unfortunate turn of events on what could have been your potential love of your life (or future ex. Haha), thank you for sharing them with me. For crying in front of us when you thought you were about to flunk Math 17, thank you. Because I felt that the start of this awesome bond between us was our mishaps with our own lives that we decided to share to each other. In short, salamat at pareho tayong tanga sa mga bagay-bagay (i.e pag-ibig). :)))

Remember how I complained that we didn't have pictures of DSLR quality? Well, ta-dah! It's not as fabulous (I look constipated. HAHAHA), but hey, at least we have one. :)))
Mabusag tak irok. Maupay nala. HAHA

You're given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to start anew, don't mess up this time. :) But even if you do, I'll always be your beytch, and ready to welcome you once you get back home (you'll see me at the airport with a welcome sign). There are some things that never change, our friendship is one of them. :) Know that you are sorely missed. I love you. Happy birthday! :* mwahmwahtsuptsupslurpslurp!
____________________________________________

Then her reply, which made me close to tears myself. I am so happy I got to be your friend Beytch. :) I am not envious of people having someone to call a best friend. Coz I got you, and with this kind of friendship, and I got nothing else to ask for. :) I shall post your reply here, because we're both cheesy like that. :)))
____________________________________________

I have come to conclude that a fulfillment of a birthday lies on having someone make you cry. :"> I feel that you succeeded in doing that with words...at 12:37pm Pacific Time on the 3rd of april. hehehe. i felt a tear or two run down! dire ak makadrama hn bongga ky my parents were on the next table. kahiyuh. haha. :(( :)) 

This note just makes me feel certain that we're at wavelength with each other with our way with words. i feel so good that i only have one witty writer friend as you, and your writing's all mine! muwahaha! seriously, i hate competition. you know how to pull my strings, you know where the strings are to begin with. :"> 

i feel so appreciated deep inside that i know only you could have nailed them in specific words. hoho. the special highlights you know about my life were the ones i feel were of impact too. you know bits of everything in my life and you know them just enough to know without overdoing one phase ya know. 

"For the funny anecdotes, and the unfortunate turn of events on what could have been your potential love of your life (or future ex. Haha),..."--->HAHAHA. i think we have our own funny anecdotes at one stage of our life. good thing when i had it you were the "enlightened man" , and when you had it i was that one. what would the world have been if we were broken at the same time huh? im just glad we get to laugh 'bout it togetha now 

"Because I felt that the start of this awesome bond between us was our mishaps with our own lives that we decided to share to each other." :((((((((((((((( shet. truelaloo 

Nevertheless, thankyou for the understanding, for saying the right things, for saying the right things at the right time with the right words. you will be my one and only beytch and i shall be yours! >:D< HUUUG!

lol at the airport scene :)) yeauh, i won't mess up :> or maybe ill mess up more! hoho. nevertheless i know you're always there. hihi. #cheeesssyy. keibye :))

P.S. gasi ko ba DSLR pic ini, hain na an high res copy?!!! gimme link! hahaha 

alabshuuu beytch 

__________________________________________

I must have done something good in my past life to be rewarded like this. :D Thank you soulmate! :*

No comments:

Post a Comment