Sunday, May 27, 2012

While others have been going on about how amazing their summer was, well, here's mine. Touche!

Summer twenty-twelve. I must say, I spent it in the most unusual way.

While others have been hopping around beaches and globe-trotting, I have been going to two places only, UP and Krus na Ligas. I haven't been anywhere beyond the gates of UP, literally. While others have been trying  mouth-watering delicacies, I have been inhaling toxic chemicals everyday. While others have been going out with old friends after a long time, I have been meeting no one, except for my adviser's research assistant, which isn't really a bad thing. While others have been getting a tan under the sun, I had my left hand peeling its skin off because of the several times it was doused with chemicals. While others sleep until noon, I wake up at 7am to get to lab, and inhale some more toxic stuff. While others have been horsing around all summer, I was responsible for two spills inside the laboratory (maybe because I was horsing around? Maybe.). I could go on, because I am bitter. Haha.

This is my "sunburn." Courtesy of TFA (trifluoroacetic acid).
Try looking it up, what harm it does to a person. 

But it wasn't all bad. My brothers got to treat me on separate occasions. Now, that was awesooo~me. Hooray for free stuff! Hooray for brothers who have a lot of $$$, and nothing to spend on (kidding.) And I got to meet really cool friends at the lab (Ate Loida, Kuya Larry, Sharine, Denden!). I still get to watch my favorite shows, so summer wasn't all that bad.

I couldn't go out with friends because I got tied up with my beloved thesis. I missed out Kay's birthday bash (Haymsosorreh), I'd always go home late, then wake up early the next day. Whew. I even had Aira, Karina, and Paul wait until almost midnight because I couldn't leave the lab until I was finished with the experiment. No wait; technically, they waited on their own, sooo~ my hands are clean. Hahaha. Salamaaaat.

I finished the experiment + draft last Friday, so for the first time in many weeks, I really had nothing to do (okay, I was procrastinating with my prob sets, but eh. :P) The minute I passed my draft, I went to Trinoma, waited for almost 2 hours, standing and being squeezed by this mad lot trying to get to the front to see........ ALLISON! :D Seriously, 3 feet away from her. She's really gorgeous!

Last night was one of the fondest times I've had. :) Some Batch '06 went on a night out. It wasn't intended to be a Batch 06 thing. Just that, everybody who went there was, yep, Batch 06. So yey! :D Amazing night. Juicy stuff. Juicy stuff. :P I seriously missed being with these people. They're all so busy being grown-ups (Gawd, Badz went on how he wanted to quit his job), so times like these are rare. But that makes it all the more special (UH-HUH.) How many times have we clinked our drinks last night? Because here's one more. Cheers, to crazy moments like these, and to the next time we get to do this again, there'd be more of us, and fun-ner! :) Hoorah!
Booze or no booze, we're always like that.
I just realized. There is not a picture of all of us! Ugh. Next time. Next time. :) Karina and Jaybie, you are loved! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment